Well this is turning into an utter nightmare. After testing the reg with screw settings suggested by the parts supplier it was totally useless over the chrono, 500ish fps whatever the hammer screw setting. I tried other settings for the reg screw and got the power up but there was no consistency. In fact the power kept climbing with each shot so the hammer screw had to be backed off every few shots to keep it legal. When refilled the power would drop to the floor again.
So I decided to go back to the original spring washers and use measurements I'd taken before taking it apart but have found that the top washer has jammed solid inside the bore and is flush with the bottom so cant be hooked out. So unless I can get it out the reg is scrap. So glad I took this job on for a friend.