View Single Post
Old 20th November 2015, 06:13 PM
WHFTA World Champion 2016.

Originally Posted by Tone View Post
Simon/Greg, i know you both use the knight force and had to reparallax them and would imagine these are the same, they will need reparallaxing?

I think for the benefit of the post from the original op, you can do well with a sub 200 scope, I used to shoot with a Nikon with a ballistic ret and found that pretty useful.

It's nice to own nice things and a quality scope will earn you an extra couple of points, but we know that range estimation and wind reading will get you the most points, starting off.

Nobody has got both those skills completely licked yet but some are not far off so a scope that brings the world alive at 45 yrds down range but can also allow you to see the kill on a target 8 yrds away without altering it will make the difference when you getting close to the top.
Yes Tony these will need reparallaxing, and it is a scary job when you have to break the threadloc for the first time! Yes it is at the top end of hft scopes money wise but I have seen people spend more over a period of time changing scopes frequently search for the one.
Decent scopes can be had for less than 300, I love the SCB2 ret in the Connect, I was impressed with the 10x42 Sightron also the Diamond back and Clearidge, plenty of choice there for more sensible money or the new Hawke Vantage or even the 4-12x40AO Panorama, if you want to go even lower the Hawke Sport HD, I have one those I would sell for 25 that has been a scope used for testing other rifles, cheap and cheerful, a little bold on the ret but works well.
HFT, for people with only 2 buttucks!

VooDoo TwoTwo The next chapter.