Thread: Hard course
View Single Post
Old 16th November 2015, 11:36 AM
Allowed in Sales
Member of: Pontefract, Doncaster Airgun Range

Originally Posted by avfc1982 View Post
Not sure that is how the general public would perceive things given the title "Hunter", the popularity of camo style clothing worn by participants, that unlike FT equipment with its huge side wheels etc that clearly would not be ideal for hunting live quarry a large amount of HFT shooters will use the same kit to compete and hunt with as well as the fact that most but appreciate not all targets are replicas of legitimate quarry species being shot in an assimilated hunting environment?
i do appreciate that HFT like FT is a target sport but i wouldnt mind betting that a much higher percentage of HFT shooters as opposed to FT shooters participate in hunting or come from hunting into the sport. I dont have a problem with hunting by the way, far from it.
Some people still think FT is a hunting simulation - it doesn't make them right though, just confused.

There have been plenty of threads on this subject on here - ask one of the Pete's if HFT is a hunting simulation, I'm pretty sure the answer you'll get is that it isn't. In fact, here's an explanation from Pete Sparkes himself :

Originally Posted by Pete Spakes
Any shooting that involves targets and lanes is a target sport not hunting simulation.

This is getting a bit off topic, but in short.. To answer your question (paraphrased) "If HFT is a hunting simulation, why are you awarded a point for wounding an animal" the answer is - It's not a hunting simulation, it's a target sport.

Last edited by Brian.Samson; 16th November 2015 at 11:49 AM.