View Single Post
Old 12th November 2015, 05:35 PM
WHFTA 2015 World Champion
Member of: M.A.D

Originally Posted by beebop2000 View Post
I've been shooting HFT at Cambs (and once at LVAGC) for about a year now, attending when I can every 4 to 6 weeks and so have probably shot 10 or 11 comps. My scores quickly came up and have now plateaued at ~50. What I've realised though is that I pretty consistently miss the near and positional targets.

To try to correct this I've started practising positionals in the garden, with some good results in the garden at least (routinely placing 5 or 6 shots in a 15 mm circle at 25 yards). I've attended one HFT shoot since starting to practice, but failed miserably on positionals and near targets. Thinking back I think I just rushed them whereas in the garden all is calm, quiet, and collected. For the near targets, I aim to do the same but the problem seems to be parallax error and changing eye position. I thought a scope enhancer may help? Anyway, I'll let you know how I get on.

Has any one else hit a similar plateau?

All the best,
Hi Lee,
Good luck on getting over the plateau, you dont mention whether you have an adjustable cheeck piece, thatll help getting your chops in the same place, btw having a deep setup and being top heavy wont help either
wrt positionals get comfy on your peg point your gun without looking through your scope relax then look , if your left or right correct your body position not twist into an unnatural one, if you doubt that try doing it with a springer , youll soon learn

FTP900 MTC connect,Welhamanium internals -sorted
HFT500, ACZ stock MTC connect
TX200 Mk3 CS1000 stock, hawke vantage sf , Nick G internals
Steyr ?, maybe , they cant all be wrong?

Last edited by vinny; 12th November 2015 at 05:40 PM.