View Single Post
Old 12th November 2015, 03:32 PM
My Empire of Dirt
Member of: Southampton Buccaneers, Parkstone, South Dorset

Originally Posted by Yorkshiretea View Post
Yeah I know, they are just not accurate enough for me Rob
Grades are only in effect after the very last shoot of the season... But they have an inherit inaccuracy at the moment due to a large amount of the scores that make up your grade being from a series entirely unconnected with the series you are about to commence. Unless you have Jack in your region, you probably don't have someone consistently putting in the same performance at 100% or very close to it. You might have 90, maybe, possibly 95, but if that person brings in 100's through the series, then all your grades will come up with. And then voila, when you come to the national, you could be just in a grade where in reality, you could be a few % below and winning, instead of starving at the bottom of a grade for a series.

But that said, I don't think it stands the test to say on one hand you think they aren't any good, and then on another hand to suggest a regional comp should be changed so they are better. Just unshackle the things from the region, and then one wont take with the other.
BFTA/NSRA County Coach
CSFTA Chairman/BFTA Rep