View Single Post
Old 9th November 2015, 06:45 PM
Member of: Anston

Originally Posted by Adam View Post
Hi Pail, I understand your point and largely agree with the principle of a mix of shoot size, but there are two other aspects to consider. Firstly the latitude: sunset is earlier the further north you go. Not that much difference between the clubs mentioned but worth considering the effect if and when the Thorn Dell boys get a new ground. Secondly and a bigger effect is night doesn't fall suddenly like in the tropics, it gradually gets darker and darker as the sun sinks lower. Add that to a dull overcast day and put the shoot in a wood and it's going to be hard to range a lot of targets. I had to mag down to range the majority of targets in tree cover yesterday and that wasn't just towards the end.
Hi Adam, yes I realize all of your points and also if TD get a new ground. the 2nd and 8th shoots have a sunset time of 16.48 and 16.45 so giving an extra 25+ minutes of light before sunset over what we got at Ponty, that's why I suggested shoots 3 to 7 as 30 shot courses and the remaining as 40 shot if a mix was an option for consideration.