View Single Post
Old 9th November 2015, 10:56 AM
B Grade Bandit
Member of: Anston FTC

Originally Posted by Brian.Samson View Post
But... I'm still not sure what problem we're trying to solve? Can anyone enlighten me?
I don't think there has to be a problem Bri, it was suggested that we try 40 targets and that's what we've done, you can't really make a call until you try something. Personally I don't think one shoot is enough but at least it Ponty had a go.

I think the actual argument we are looking for is this: How do we get more people involved and help the lower grades. That's the future right?

I believe that doing 40 targets will do this because from my experience as a low grade shooter is it has helped me massively. As I've said, a bad start or touch of nerves at the start of a NEFTA shoot and it's over for you, the amount of times when I first started that I was embarrassed about score was proper painful but I'm not the kind of person to give in.

I know 40 targets creates real world problems with weather and light but they can be over come with everyone helping. 40 targets gives you a chance to have something for everyone because I think you only need 5-7% of the targets to divide the top boys.

You won't be surprised to learn that I've got a chart for all my shoots, the difference between 30 and 40 targets is 9%, almost a grade. Why? Because I have more time to dig in and rescue a bad start plus I'm always more settled as I get half way around because I know there's more to go at. But yeah, I'm not everyone.

I've got nothing against what Steve said, all opinions welcome I say but if you're not going to try it, well. I'm the kind of nutcase that turns up regardless of the weather. I shot Harriers in 27mph wind with sleet hitting me in the face at the worst angle possible but I didn't walk off for two reasons: It was the only chance I'd get to possibly beat Jack Harris (he beat me by 2) and I need as much experience as possible because at the end of the day all I want to do is actually get better. 40 has helped me to do that.