View Single Post
Old 9th November 2015, 09:08 AM
Member of: Pontefract

Originally Posted by Tyke View Post
Just trying to start the winter league again after a long lay of so I may have missed something but I have a couple of questions.
Why was Ponte picked why not say Anston in January or why not pick both to get a better idea of winter conditions? Were in the middle of the warmest autumn on record and the nights are still drawing in so its hardly a test for true winter conditions.
Secondly what are you trying to fix? I shot the winter league for a number of seasons and in general I had a great time shooting the best I could and enjoying the good company on the way around.
I didn't shoot Ponte yesterday because as a senior shooter looking at the weather forecast there was no way I would be standing about for extra time in that.
As it was the rain came after about 5 or 6 pegs and had stopped by about 9 or 10 pegs so we would have all got as wet as we did regardless. The time spent shooting the extra 5 pegs were probably the best of the weather and may explain ne getting 9 out of the last 10 shots. A lot of my misses were when it was raining.

Last edited by Steve Bowers; 9th November 2015 at 09:11 AM.