View Single Post
Old 9th November 2015, 07:21 AM
Allowed in Sales
Member of: Pontefract, Doncaster Airgun Range

Originally Posted by Steve Bowers View Post
I would like to point out that after 30 shots I'd scored 20 (about my average) with the last 10 shots I managed to raise my score to 29 that's an improvement of 66% to 75% Like most I don't shoot standers too well (1 out of 4) but as 2 extra Kneeing shots (I shoot all stand/kneel)gave me a much better chance.

As to my point about going from 3 per lane to 2 per lane can I ask how many shooter were on the second session (it looked very thin on the ground to me) and how much longer did the shoot take.

I think we need to take a much closer look at all the options before a division is made.

And as for the "if it works don't fix it" if we took that attitude we would all be using bows and arrows and traveling to shoots on horse back.

Keith still has the scoresheet, so he would be able to tell you the breakdown between 1st and 2nd sessions.

There's a couple of points really - what time did we finish? I think we started the 2nd session at around 12 (about 30 mins later than usual) and I still had 10 targets to shoot at gone 2pm - from memory I think I walked off the course at 3pm.

I think there was 1 ceasefire in the 2nd session (which only lasted seconds) and apparently 5 ceasefires in the 1st session.

Here's the main problem with going to 40 targets - we finished at 3pm, in December sunset is around 3:50pm - if there aren't excessive delays during a shoot, that gives a club 50 minutes to take down and pack away a 40 target shoot.

If there are a few delays, they're packing away in the dark.

If everyone who voted yes was also asked if they'd be willing to make a commitment to stay around at the end of a shoot and pack away, then a 40 target winter league 'might' be feasible.

I'm not a fan of saying 'If it ain't broke don't fix it'. But I am a fan of asking - What problem are we trying to solve here? If there isn't a problem, why are we trying to find a solution?