View Single Post
Old 8th November 2015, 06:25 PM
Member of: Pontefract
Thumbs up Ponty round 3 NEFT 30 or 40

First off like to thank all the Ponty crew who worked on a very wet Saturday to get the course ready for a very good shoot despite the short rain spell.

I put down YES to the proposal for a 40 target shoot and to all who put down NO I wish to point out that the time for the first session was only 20 minuets longer than for a 30 target shoot

!0 extra targets should extend the shooting time by 25% if we were to limit the shooter to 2 per peg this would reduce the time taken by 30% and as the pegs for the second session were no way filled I think that the over all time taken for a shoot should be about the same.

Also with a shoot such as ponty due to the time taken to walk from the last peg to the first pet a feeder lane on peg 1 would add 2 more shoots to a session without adding any time to the overall session time

Bearing this all in mind and as we all turn up to shoot at targets I think "the more the better."

The only down side I can see is the amount of time it takes to setup the a course or the limited space available at the clubs but as Ponty is one of the smallest of clubs in acreage and they managed to put up a very good course I don't see this to be some thing that can't be over come with a little thought.

As this is going to go to a vote in the near future please post you thoughts and let your NEFA rep know your feelings and what you want.

Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread