View Single Post
Old 1st February 2010, 02:47 PM
Lucky git

Originally Posted by Knockedover View Post
It kind of shows the type of folk that come out with statements such as those in the e-mail published in Airgunner...Someone that doesn't shoot HFT and because of that doesn't fully understand it and is also a traditionalist (old fart that needs to get with the times ) I'd respect someones views more if they had actually participated in the sport before forming a judgement.

Having shot "Hunter" style shoots for a long time now, almost 17yrs, I've seen many parts of what we now regard as modern HFT form and the outrage of those that rarely, if ever, take part themselves. During the transitional period where PCPs where becoming more affordable and commonplace in the shooting arena they where seen as the tools of trophy hunters and those that couldn't shoot a "real" gun,.177 was a girly calibre, anything bar a standing shot was considered unsporting, mildot scopes where cheating, laying down was for poofs and god forbid should a kill be reduced or you have a peg to grip!!! The FT guns in HFT is just another one to add to the list. I suppose its all a part of the evolution of the sport and human nature.
There are certain things that can always be thrown back at FT shooters anyway.....things like cheat sticks, gimp coats,clown shoes and shooting glasses.

That sounds quite bad though as i will always consider myself a FT shooter first and HFT second...maybe it's the thing about it being my first always remember your first love?