View Single Post
Old 30th October 2015, 08:29 PM
Member of: Avon Hawks

I normally stay clear of grades type discussions, but I genuinely don't understand people who are not striving to get into and stay in AA.

Back in my motor racing days I became aware of a guy who was running a 1700cc car in a 1600cc class, just to win a few cheap plastic cups, what a pathetic individual, and yes, I did tell him that to his face.

It has taken me a little while to start putting in the kind of scores I wanted and thought I was capable of, along the way I have had some pretty poor days, some of my own making and some due to equipment, this means my desperate attempt to stay in A has failed, but I will do my best to get back there if and when I can.

If B grade is the best I can do, so be it, but I won't be happy unless I am putting in the best scores I am capable of on any given day. And I don't care how the grades are worked out, it is the same for all of us, so really is just a relative measure of results.

But it would never occur to me to deliberately put in low scores, I mean, what is the point? The whole point of FT to me is to overcome the challenge the course setter has put out for me. If I do that to my own satisfaction, I win, if I do it better than everyone else in my class I win win.

If I deliberately dink a target or two, I am a cheat.

If I think that is 'fair game' then I am in need of psycho analysis.
"I'm your huckleberry, that's just my game"