View Single Post
Old 30th January 2010, 08:19 PM
Because I`m AWESIME !!
Member of: Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree
Default 2 bar per shot? Why ???

Right, having discovered the old Njr was fine and it was duff mozzies causing my at best 25 fps variation over a charge, I have now discovered the new (old TM) gun is not quite right!

Air was leaking out of the old snap fit conector (air arms early style) as the "non return valve / pointy nipple thing was missing from the end. I belevee some people knock these out?

A new connector has been fitted, and there seems to be no air leak as it has the nipple / non return valve fitted. Gun filled to 160 bar today 11 am and still at 160 bar 7pm tonight.

Thing is, i shot 30 shots from 160 bar and ended at 100 bar. thats 2 bar per shot. Mozzies at around 815fps, about 10 fps variation. So accuaracy and consiostancy is fine, its just a silly amount of air being used. Tried from 190 bar and got 45 shots when pressure had dropped to 100 bar

any ideas what could be causing the gun to use so much air per shot? I dont know what Reg is in the gun, its a Tm action so i am presuming its an air arms reg? However, the trigger housing has a date of 2001 on the side and 80 bar written on it in some sort of black marker.

As a comaprrison, my Njr action that has a Nick Murphy reg fitted, which has 93 bar written on the side of the trigger housing used about 20 bar over 40 shots at around the same fps and consisatancy!!! I know from 160 bar with the Njr i usually get well over 100 shots before hitting 100 bar.
BFTA Grading Q's to;
sorry wont answer Bfta q's on forums, Cant keep track of replies etc!
BFTA updates on

REV26 Ostler Ev2 & x45 comp awaiting a Gary Cane Stock!
Beast Priest Ostler Ev2 & x45 prem ret comp in Warren Edwards stock
If you want the best, Ostler is the man
Pump your Fish, Little or Large
MFTA visitors World championship - Arms dealer 97, Awesime 94, Acid Hands 85
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread