View Single Post
Old 21st October 2015, 12:27 PM
Phil Gee
Member of: Millride

Originally Posted by C.Eaton View Post
Saddler, I find your responses typical of those who are not willing to listen to reasoned debate, i.e. it doesn't fit in with their point of view so try to shut it down.

The voice of reason here is Shaun who was asking for information about how the SP sling could benefit the FT shooter, etc, etc.

If you can't contribute to the discussion in a positive way then I would respectfully suggest that you don't comment at all as some might perceive your comments to be hostile.
Your comments also suggest that you are speaking on behalf of the BFTA which I'm sure isn't the case.

Just for the record I will be taking this up with my local BFTA rep as I feel that the whole issue of an FT shooter being able to correctly use a SP sling does need debating properly.
I'm not trying to shut down any debate, All I've done is try to give fact to comments like the rules are "silly" or "stupid" or "daft" just because they don't fit with what people consider to be 'right'. None of the comments are my opinion, they are the facts of the situation.

The rules are not perfect, far from it, but they have evolved from much discussion and debate over a number of years between very experienced shooters. Sometimes, the reason for what seems like a stupid rule is not immediately obvious.

It's frustrating to hear lots of opinion, much of it valid, on here, the vast majority of which never makes it to the AGM in the form of a solid proposal. The BFTA cannot change things without the shooters, you and I, making proposals to the regional reps for change when we see something that we believe is wrong.

By all means discuss things on here, I like to chat **** as much as the next man, but if you feel passionate about it, tell your rep.
It seems archaic and old fashioned, but the way to change things is to tell your rep who will get it on the agenda and hopefully some of these 'stupid' rules will become more sensible

Phil Gee - BFTA Chairman
Steyr LG110FT | Big Nikko
Millride FTC

Last edited by saddler; 21st October 2015 at 12:30 PM. Reason: can't spell Chairman...