View Single Post
Old 4th October 2015, 09:34 PM
WHFTA 2015 World Champion
Member of: M.A.D

Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
Been working on a wooden stock for my LG110Ft and I would like to improve the grip in certain areas. I'm thinking about putting a further layer of epoxy resin on the wood and sprinkling something granular onto the surface...any thoughts ??

Pondering on stuff like kiln dried sand, crushed oyster shells...
With a lovely bit of kit like that I think it would be better modifying or replacing your glove , Ive had a lot of experience making fishing rods that may not sound that relevant , but believe me more resin and some form of particle may seem a novel idea but if you dont use really good masking techniques and running whatever grit through some form of seive your asking for trouble, you can buy glass bubbles for fibreglass resins in very tight size tolerance , try it out on a bit of wood before you commit to that piece of art mate ,
When i first started this lark i went into sports direct and bought the stickiest goal keepers glove i could find , spiderman amazing grip bit didnt last too long against a wooden post , still, fters wont have too worry about that , give it a go , break convention , lol
good luck

FTP900 MTC connect,Welhamanium internals -sorted
HFT500, ACZ stock MTC connect
TX200 Mk3 CS1000 stock, hawke vantage sf , Nick G internals
Steyr ?, maybe , they cant all be wrong?

Last edited by vinny; 4th October 2015 at 09:40 PM.