View Single Post
Old 30th September 2015, 08:30 PM
The Chaser!
Member of: Bisley, Member of the Ostler Air stripper club of GB!

Originally Posted by avfc1982 View Post
Should the Selection for the EFTA 8 man team be decided on the result of one shoot (the Euros) or should a more season long criteria be used?
I don’t mind how the qualification in the future is decided, I will try my best to be placed in the England team again. I had to pull out of the 2016 Worlds yesterday evening for personal reasons.

There are positives and negatives to both suggestions, but in my opinion the two day Euros is the closest measurement of being able to shoot under similar conditions to a three day Worlds.

You have minimal time to mentally re-group after each days shooting, unlike a series where you go away for a couple of weeks to prepare for the next shoot.
You are physically and mentally tired over a two/three day shoot.
Your kit needs to be on top form for that continuous period of shooting with no major changes to it.
You are more than likely staying away from home in a hotel for the Euros as you would the Worlds.

And so on….

Many aspects of shooting the Euros will be similar to the Worlds in relation to key preparation, so maybe it is a good measure for picking the team??

P.S. Thank you to Rob F for all his hard work behind the scene for all the EFTA shooters who attend the Worlds event.

Kind regards,

EV2 - March X 8x80
EV2 'Rev' off Awesime, (the one he didn't spray black.) - Big Nikko

Last edited by Woody; 30th September 2015 at 08:34 PM.