View Single Post
Old 29th September 2015, 07:37 PM
My Empire of Dirt
Member of: Southampton Buccaneers, Parkstone, South Dorset

Originally Posted by avfc1982 View Post
lots of good comments, if qualification for the worlds is down to just one shoot (the Euros) then maybe there is a requirement for the team captain to have a few wild card picks? i mean what if our star shooters have equipment issues? are not well and cant attend etc? it just doesn't seem in line with how other sports choose there teams for such a major event.
please note that this is just my personal thoughts, i didnt shoot the euros or any other majors so qualification was never an issue for me personally. I do think its amazing that somebody like andy calpin will not be in the team given his consistency. My comments are not born out of favoritism for andy, i know him and i like him but i also think that by looking at his consistency over the season he should be in the team.
Yes but whoever picked the wildcard picks would have to be able to justify them... you need something to fall back on when you do that so you can be seen to be impartial and fair. Whatever measure you use, there will always be an issue.
BFTA/NSRA County Coach
CSFTA Chairman/BFTA Rep