Thread: FT or HFT
View Single Post
Old 25th September 2015, 02:29 PM
Member of: Cambridge HFT

Originally Posted by KeithW View Post
Your ignorance is indeed excused.

As far as I can tell, it is only a minority of HFT shooters who hunt. Both HFT and FT are about accurate shot placement, but in FT you can use technology to range your targets. When I'm shooting HFT I'm interested in, and only thinking about killing tin things. I'm sure there's some FT shooters who hunt

In my view Hunters can (and should, wherever possible) use laser range finders to help ensure accurate shot placement.

As far as I know the other main issues which hinders accuracy are trigger technique, follow through, hold and wind, and both disciplines are good for those, and thus practicing either will benefit the hunter.

When I'm hunting I sit whenever possible - certainly more than taking prone shots.

I'd like to try FT one of these days, but at the moment I'm too busy trying to get better at HFT! And I'm so busy shooting HFT that I seldom get time to hunt!
Well said Keith I think you have it summed up.
I love HFT I am not that good, but a day out having a good time with like minded folk makes up for my lack of skill, and I even get to learn a bit. I shoot .22 and have never come away wanting to give up.
As for FT I dont know much about it but I would not rule it out in the future.
Lets face it target shooting or hunting can be most rewarding lets not knock any of it.