View Single Post
Old 23rd September 2015, 08:13 PM
My Empire of Dirt
Member of: Southampton Buccaneers, Parkstone, South Dorset

The shoots are a shotgun start at 10am, so typically most are there at the ground at 9am so they can plink and chat etc. and are ready for the safety briefing.

It typically takes about 30-40 mins to get across the island depending on which port you arrive at. So i'd be looking for a ferry that lands about 8:30... but that may not be possible.

Red funnel from Southampton leave at 7am to get you there at 8am... the 8am will probably leave it quite tight as it arrives at 9am. That's 41 return.

Wightlink sail from Lymington at 7:15, it takes about 40 mins. But there's not another one till 9:15. That and the fact that they want 50 return means i'll go Red Funnel because it's quicker for me to get to, even though it's further down the road.

If you get a few together then that can be split. It's likely I'll have 3 in my car, but there'll be room for a small 4th if someone doesn't mine a gun on their lap for the journey. You can either meet me at mine in Bournemouth, or at the terminal in Southampton.
BFTA/NSRA County Coach
CSFTA Chairman/BFTA Rep