View Single Post
Old 22nd September 2015, 08:04 AM
55yrd standing expert, or was it 8 or 9?

Just want to say a few words about the weekend.
Firstly congratulations to Conor on the win, fantastic shooting all weekend and especially on the clearance on Saturday.
Also well done to all the other winners.

Just looking now at the photos from the event brought it all back, some fantastic photos there. I really enjoyed the whole weekend.
Thank you to the sponsors of the event for putting on some fantastic prize money there and merchandise donated from Air Arms too.

It goes without saying that this event along with all the others couldn't take place without the people who work tirelessly behind the scenes, who give up there entire weekend and work none stop some of whom didn't even shoot, even to the course setters who worked days if not weeks in advance planning out the course's, thank you to you all.

I really enjoy this event and love the format of it. Especially the second day when your partnered with fellow rivals who have put in the same scores as yourself, when you've got others at either side of you in the other lanes it really piles the pressure on you, when you see the world's top shots surrounding you.
I don't mind admitting at times I felt i was out of my depth, it was like shooting against a machine. Every difficult lane you'd see your shooting partner nail them and think sh!te, now it's my turn. I lost count the amount of times I felt phew what a relef to see them drop.
To enyone who's never shot this event have a go, because short of shooting the world's this is the best shoot in the country.
Let your shooting do the talking.
It's not the aim and release that decided the shot, it's the preparations.

Last edited by nemesis; 22nd September 2015 at 08:10 AM.