View Single Post
Old 12th September 2015, 09:21 AM
Member of: B O A C, B R P C ,

Originally Posted by skires View Post
It's such a unique and lovely thing ... and left handed ... so you are looking for a leftie that is willing to pay the right price and own the rifle.

It's also a full length 77 and not the K. So people who may want to use it for target would want the k version ... and no one is going to want to take an hacksaw to it. Maybe no one would want to drag that around a course anyway.

I like my target comp guns to be scarred and ugly ( like me ).

I've just roughly worked out in my head what it would cost for a standard rifle and to have all the extra bits done/added on ... I reckon you are around a 1000 quid ( maybe more ... sorry if I'm way out ). The stock alone may be worth more than my estimation of the stock's cost. The markings are lovely. I had little idea of the engraving.

You may get more replies re value if you could give an idea of what the tuning, Mamba sleeve, stock and engraving cost. Probably a bit cheeky and personal ... but it's you that is asking for an estimate.

So probably in the 6 - 700 quid selling on price.

It's just down to demand and what you can get ... and what you would let it go for.

Unless you have a serious collector interested I don't know who would pay that sort of money for a s/h springer.
Quoting what I paid for it is not a problem. It was finished a little over 18mths ago .Cost including stock, action re-blue and parts as listed it cost 1500 . At the time I had no intention of ever selling it, but as we all know aspirations change, and another rifle is on the horizon. At the end of the day I won`t give it away ,but as it`s not being used enough and I don`t want to mark the stock, it seems sensible to move it on while it is in mint condition. It`s at times like this I`d give my left arm to be right handed Regards Gordon.

Last edited by Waldo; 12th September 2015 at 09:24 AM.