View Single Post
Old 10th September 2015, 01:41 PM
My Empire of Dirt
Member of: Southampton Buccaneers, Parkstone, South Dorset

Originally Posted by Yorkshiretea View Post
I guess in NEFTA and MFTA we are pretty much kept in check due to the high number of AA shooters, so our grades would only be out (higher) by a small % (5). Because it's all relative I'm not sure it's that much of an issue. I guess where no AA are present and 100% is hand out you are going to see more people in the wrong grades, no data to look at so I can't say.
All regions now have at least 1 or 2 AA's of some standing to keep heads down. But yes where that ceases, that's an issue.

But the 5% is an issue where a grade is only 10% wide. That means anyone above the middle of that grade is potentially going up a grade.

All the regions go up, ( i think, even taking shooters out with a handful of scores) because there are only 1-2 regions where the 100% shooters of the GP series that hit close to 100% consistently, hit that in winter and vice versa.

If you look to CSFTA and SWEFTA, both with world top 10 shooters in AA, both have %'s running about 7-8% higher in regional grades than they do in their GP series (over similar amount of shoots)... which means (as they are both leading) that everyone is likely to be doing the same below them, or even more % gained if the courses are considered easier than GP (which have more standers for instance).

Whilst one could argue all regions are the same, we know their not, and 30-40 shot courses ad another skew.

Depending on how you weight your shooting will depend on how your grade is biased. And against another shooter who is biased the other way, there will be a discrepancy all other things being equal.
BFTA/NSRA County Coach
CSFTA Chairman/BFTA Rep