View Single Post
Old 9th September 2015, 06:13 PM
Member of: Purley Chase ftc
Default Oh no i did'nt

Originally Posted by RobF View Post
Cripes Simon, you weren't happy about the same course being shot in the same place on the same day 6 months ago, let alone only part of the course being the same distance in a different place on a different day
I'm not going there

Originally Posted by Yorkshiretea View Post
Because it's impossible, one change in the weather/wind and it's all out of the window, there are too many variables Simon, look at Tawd as a perfect example vs Oak - miles apart so can't set a standard model it's down to local knowledge and course setter, they know and make the difference I think.
Martin I think that the MFTA 40 shot courses are easier than a 30. If you drop 3 targets in your first 2 lanes on a 30 shot course you are out of the comp ,drop 3 on a 40 and you can still come in with a 37 which will put you in with the best. My point was to set a standard which if you shoot to BFTA rules you have , not to say in our region we shoot 25mm at 40yrds or we put the odd 60 yarder out.
If we all shoot the same guide lines then the course setter can decide how to allow for the conditions on the day.