View Single Post
Old 9th September 2015, 10:23 AM
B Grade Bandit
Member of: Anston FTC

Originally Posted by RobF View Post
What I was alluding to is that you won't know where the grade boundaries are to be, until all the grades are in. Hopefully that makes some sense... ie if we're to make grades fairer and more consistently spread, then we need to see where those grades distribute first.

Yes. A football league table. But at the end of the day, no matter how much importance the media attaches to something, it doesn't change the fundamental of having to put on at the back of the net to change something. It's great for the media, but it serves no purpose if every supporter decides that they should decide where the promotion boundary is of their own team
LOL the glass is defo half empty isn't it It's great for everyone Rob, if anything it proves it works and we love it, well most of us

The flaw is, that if you drive for two targets (instead of the remainder remaining on the course... ) then if someone comes along and score's higher, that could be 3 or 4. Or if they crash, you may not need anymore. Would that change on how you approach a course yes/no?
You see I'd already pumped into the spreadsheet that Gilly would hit 29 every shoot so it turned out to be pretty accurate and what I did do is this: Practice one day more, and when it was windy I'd nip down to the club for an hour on my own as I know that's where I need to get better and no-one can teach you that. I also copied Our Kes method on the plinking range, there's a reason he's so good and it's not luck.

Did it change my approach? YES, see above, and I had a personal goal at each shoot. It didn't always work out but it gave me something to head for and fired me up. I still need to improve in the wind and I also need to get my nerves in order as a couple of times I've not settled down until it's too late. I don't substitute my love of stats for practice, if anything it's the stats that drive me forward to actually practice more and identify my weak spots (there's a lot of them).