View Single Post
Old 9th September 2015, 09:09 AM
My Empire of Dirt
Member of: Southampton Buccaneers, Parkstone, South Dorset

Originally Posted by Yorkshiretea View Post
Then count every shoot, simple, how can you win by not showing up? In FT apparently!

I've never been a fan of the false 100% and never will be, give me the facts and reversible % any day of the week.

Look here at the difference in % from pure hits vs top shooter/course, it's out by 5%

Yeah I know it's all relative but still and that would boot a few people out of A wouldn't it!

Why not? BFTA Winter League, one shoot in each region for example. I'd do them all.

Visible data is great Rob, use it to further the sport and create talking points, make it look nice. I'm a big fan of grades, leagues and updates, I any many others at the bottom love this stuff. I know you and Bri are fans of Si updating the grades as we go but I love it.
Ok, so there's a firm idea. All shoots to count.

What I could do with is a little bit of detail on what trophies are handed out, are there any on the day, or all just at the end of the series?

I've got no issue with visible data, as long as it's relevant and helpful. I know the philosophy behind pulling out a positive of a situation and grading can be an aid to that. It's just that when the actual purpose of grading is so widely misinterpreted it becomes very hard to change it with evidence that it would be for the better.

It all goes out the window if you agree that grade boundaries should reflect roughly equal fields (ie not 50 in C and 10 in B)...because the only way of doing that is either some real solid data that can make predictions, or retrospectively, but in either case the boundaries for the next year would be unknown in the current one. So while you may use it to shoulder rub with your fellow grade competitors currently (which the series scores do anyway), you'd have no idea if next year you'd be doing the same, even if the rolling 20 were published.
BFTA/NSRA County Coach
CSFTA Chairman/BFTA Rep