View Single Post
Old 5th September 2015, 06:13 PM
Member of: Millride
Default Burris Signature 8-32 advice needed

I recently purchased a Burris Signature 8-32 RA scope for a project. I used one of these in the nineties and was one of the first to use them for FT. The one I had was brilliant, but let down by turrets which were not up to being constantly altered for each shot, as required by FT. Dave Wellham at Airmasters was the guy then to fix that problem.

The scope I now have needed this fix and Dave got the turret working perfectly.

Now after trying the scope, I have found that range finding only works effectively up to 45 yds. At 45yds, the image remains the same for 50 and 55 yds
This was not what I remember. Looking at the front lens, there is evidence that the locking ring has been worked on to move it. Also I have found that the scope parallaxes down to 7 1/2 yds.
I don't remember this being the case for the one I originally owned. So basically I have a scope that parallaxes between 7 1/2 to 45 yds...... Not what I really wanted. Also puzzled why someone would set it up like this.
I would like to hear from anyone who has one of these scopes to confirm what the minimum parallax distance should be.
I guess that I need to move the front lens inward to increase the minimum distance and that this should make it better above 45yds. If this has to be done, I am not sure how to do it as so far I have not been able to make the lens locking ring move.
EV2 Mk3+Sightron SIII 10-50 x 60 LRIRMOA / Bushnell 8-32

Theoben Rapid 12 FAC

Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread