View Single Post
Old 30th August 2015, 11:58 AM
Member of: Purley Chase ftc
Default Heat shimmer

Originally Posted by Brian.Samson View Post
Why didn't the Sightron do it for you? - people do sell stuff for genuine reasons and I'd only buy off someone I know.

The other option would be a 60x March - which runs at around 2300 new. Lighter than the Sightron, some temperature shift but easily predictable and manageable. Do I really want to put a 2.3k scope on a springer though??

Either that or you're looking at a fixed mag Leup comp, but they're not without their problems either.
To be fair I didn't give it time to let me down, I'm sure with time it would have been usable.
I put a 10 shot course in an open field and went round 4or5 times, ranging each target at a known distance.
There was 45 yd target in the open and subject to heat shimmer, it ranged between 40 and 50yds on the second lap.
Ten yds variation is not something I want to spend time learning, my leupold was 4 yds and that was only when it was 5/6 degrees. It just seemed too vague for my eyes.
About as much use at field target , as a life guard at the Olympic swimming pool.

Last edited by Marmitinator; 30th August 2015 at 12:32 PM.