View Single Post
Old 30th August 2015, 09:57 AM
Allowed in Sales
Member of: Pontefract, Doncaster Airgun Range

Originally Posted by Sake-San View Post
Thanks Brian, I will let those with the experience comment ref temp issues, as I am buying new and will go for either the MH or MOA ret it probably makes sense for me to just get the FT version with the parallax already sorted.
If you fancy staying with Bushnell I have a brand new one complete with 3D turret and AO ring
Haha - I've got a spare (not bent) bushnell and to be honest, the bent one works ok now, in fact before it was bent I had to pack the rear mounts to get a zero, now it's bent I don't need any packing under the mounts at all, so in a way it's done me a favour

The bushnell is still a great little scope, but with all the long targets in Lithuania (over 50 yards) it did really bring it home to me that ranging between 50/55 yards with the bushnell is a bit hit and miss at times.

I don't have the spare cash to buy a 60x March, and now it's just a question of whether I can put up with an extra 250-300g sat on top of my springer.

I've tried that sidewheel on the new SIII FT version and I don't like it (just my personal opinion, you might like it, we're all different).

But for me if I was buying new I'd be trying to get a discount for not including the Sightron wheel and either get Jon Harris to make me one, or 3D print my own to save weight.

I have heard rumours that some of the older SIII's were better at ranging than others and also that the newer SIII FT's are generally better at rangefinding than the older SIII's - but that's rumours for you

For me, the way I look at it is, if I buy new it's a lottery whether I'm going to get a good one or a not so good one, if I buy 2nd hand I can try before I buy and check for backlash and how well it's snaps in etc. (oh and save a few quid as well)