Thread: Rules Update
View Single Post
Old 26th August 2015, 01:13 PM
itchy trigger finger
Member of: springfield and mad

Originally Posted by stu180101 View Post
I don’t think it was just the supported stander where the target was only viewable from the RH side of the tree; there was also a supported kneel/stand lane which was not left handed shooter friendly (as the target could not be seen from the RH side of the tree, all left handed shooters were forced to shoot from the LH side of the tree, which is obviously an unnatural stance for them).

Maybe, as there was one supported lane which enforced an unnatural stance for RH shooters and one supported lane which enforced an unnatural stance for LH shooters, you could reason things were evened out – but is this actually the case.

I.e. if the enforced supported stander only viewable from the RH side was situated at lane # 1 and another target only viewable from the LH side was situated at lane 28; in a countback situation the LH shooter (Tugg for example? Sorry bud ) would have an advantage because lane # 1 would enable a more natural stance for them – and vice versa, if lane # 1 was right handed shooter friendly.

In short - whist I guess left handed peeps are used to being the minority, my preference is for LH and RH shooters to be able to shoot supported lanes from the side of the support they would naturally use if they had the option – then the outcome at supported lanes is not weighted dependent upon whether you’re a lefty or a righty, its simply based on your shooting ability.
I shot lane 1 off the left side I thought it more suited the right hand shooter,infact I shot 3 of the 4 kneelers over that weekend off the left side but there you go, when I started hft I soon realized I was getting stuffed on pegs which were not suitable for lefties so I learnt and practice to shoot off both sides of a tree or peg in every position.
I should note whilst I helped Dop and Vinny with course setting I didn't have any input as to where targets were placed on day 1other than the 45yd supersized rat through the bushes .
It is interesting though how it takes one supported stander that can't be taken from the left side to cause such concern , I suggest to all you righty shooters if you havn't already tried ,practice shooting off the other side because it actually offers better support once you get it nailed.
btw I'm in favour of any rules that make for a fair shoot for all.
The nail that sticks out gets hammered down.

Last edited by tugg; 26th August 2015 at 01:15 PM.