View Single Post
Old 4th August 2015, 07:00 PM
Member of: The Anston Massive & Kingsley HFT

Originally Posted by James0807 View Post
I have heard from reliable sources that the newer BSA barrels are not as good in quality as they once have been. I do not mean the ones that take no wind either. For a safer bet I would get a cz machined up. I sold mine on as it was going off mid comp. I am getting it back on saturday, I am going to give it another try after sitting with the rod and blue paste for a little while longer.

Does anyone know what the twist rate of the cz is?

I "borrowed" James cz barrel for my steyr as it's original barley twist one wasn't grouping at all. Now the barley twist is back "on" so James is having the cz back. What I've found is there's VERY little to choose between the two? The cz is less "fussy" than the barley but prefers a 4.51 pellet. Both barrels will do sub 20p size groups @ 54yrds but the barley can do sub 5p groups when it's just been cleaned & fed with a specific die of jsb. Barley twist starts to go off after between 50-100 shots & needs cleaning throwing them high & left usually. The cz can do upto 250 shots before it starts doing noticeable (by me) "flyers ". I never got the cz to work with a stripper on but probably didn't give it enough experimentation or adjustment of the cones?
Rick Ardern. RIP mate, never ever forgotten!

Currently in stock........

Steyr LG100 x2, Ripley AR5S x3, hw77 x2, hw80 x2, hw100, hw97, hw98, Walther Dommie, Walther LGV, Stoeger x20s .22, Daystate mk4 in a custom laminate stock, Diana mod 50 + Gamo compact & Röhm twinmaster pistols

Last edited by MickyFinn; 4th August 2015 at 07:03 PM.