Thread: SWEFTA League 7
View Single Post
Old 18th July 2015, 03:37 PM
rich's Avatar
rich rich is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Shebbear, N Devon
Posts: 1,643

The reason was the weather forecast. Last time we had a wet league shoot at Shebbear it was a really awful day and that too was in July, of all times.

So when the forecast said winds and heavy rain starting at 0500 and going on till after lunch, we felt we didn't need to put on an endurance test.

If we had postponed the decision, we would have incurred extra costs as we would have committed to food and catering that would go to waste.

It's a disappointment for us at the club too as we have made several changes to the facilities here and the crew have worked hard to get everything ship shape.

A revised date will be discussed with the SWEFTA comp sec in the next few days.
Reply With Quote