View Single Post
Old 7th July 2015, 08:53 AM

Yes, it was the lighter stuff I was talking about, including the various Bisley pellets (long range gold / superfields), which are superb quality but are a let-down through the gun. The H&N 10.6 were the ammo of choice in FT in the early 90s. I did try some not too long ago in my Walther and they dropped like house bricks at 55.

Originally Posted by skires View Post
Fair enough Simon if you are, like Dan, finding the quality actually better.

I'm not sure I agree with regards to the H & N pellets re accuracy and ballistics.

The heavy Bis Mags/Barracudas always seem of a good quality and go well over the chrono and group very very well. They also seem to have good ballistics and drop off less than I'd imagine at longer distances ( they drop more than the lighter stuff but not as much as I'd expect or Chairgun predicts ). They also seem excellent in wind in my guns. Seeing as I shot mainly HFT where ranging errors and a dramatic loop is costly, I never wanted to use the 10.6gr pellets.

I do agree re the lighter stuff they make. Mainly the FTT's at mid 8gr. I would love those to shoot well in my rifles. They don't.