View Single Post
Old 23rd June 2015, 09:49 AM
My Empire of Dirt
Member of: Southampton Buccaneers, Parkstone, South Dorset

I am going to edit any posts which are not backed up by written confirmation on this thread. I'm posting this just so I don't have to continue to do such.

Making accusations about people and organisations based upon just heresay does nothing for the subject at hand and can cause irreparable damage should these accusations be found to be false. It is very difficult to take something back once written in public media and I'm sure no-one wants to be in that situation.

If you've got a written statement from someone saying someone did this or was here doing that, then fine, but if not, I don't want to be having to edit posts. There hasn't been any request to remove any so far, but please have a thought for the reputations and their weight and the weight of evidence you have for the accusation before posting.

In addition, we are now aware that people like Adam and David from shooting related organisations are reading and contacting this board. I'd suggest that whilst people may not agree with the outcome, those from within the shooting community are probably the last people who would act against it, yet information posted on a public forum is probably used by those who are definitely against the sport. It wouldn't be the first time that someone has pretended to be someone to gain information or to pass on incorrect information.

It's obviously a subject of interest, so there's no wish to stifle discussion, but at the end of the day I do have to consider the ramifications of what is written here.

BFTA/NSRA County Coach
CSFTA Chairman/BFTA Rep