Thread: ftp 900 barrel
View Single Post
Old 14th June 2015, 09:47 PM
WHFTA 2015 World Champion
Member of: M.A.D

Originally Posted by herx77 View Post
With plenty of time at home after ankle op I decided finally to impliment the mods vince suggeted would improve the gun (hopefully).
With the stripper, nickle tubes?, off and figure 8 removed the barrel was exposed. Cleaning some grease off it I found pin head rust over 20%, the blueing was a bit sub standard to shoot free floating without shroud;had a distint brown tinge.
Under the front stripper locating grub screw hole, below the barrel there are two holes like the locators that screws fix the breech end of barrel with.
Question is: for those who have removed the bits and pieces. Does the blueing on yours compare to that on the 400,if youve got it wet in the past , run a bit of paper down it to make sure , teaching you to suck eggs I reckon 10's or is a bit tatty;and do they have the locating holes on both ends of barrel.
I have lots of time to sort this out while ankle mends itself,but would like your input,Vinces too if he's on forum.
HERX77 .
Wotcha Mike ,
wonder where youve been, hope youll be back on the cct again soon, wrt the bluing , didnt take my shrouds of for over a year, and no problem with that , but in all honesty I never shot it in any rain , so cant comment , I modded a rowan mpr stripper to be outside diameter 18mm and then cut my carbon shroud to fit after fitting 3 fine silicon rubber o rings along the barrel, 1 at the breech end that fits snugly anyway , 1 halfway down the barrel , and 1 a bit back from the stripper, all been ok, will say one thing tho, as you have had poi changes , make sure youve got clearance all the way from the breech end between the air tube and the stock , probably teaching you to suck eggs, but I know a few people who have overlooked that , bit of waterproof wax rubbed into it fot good measure aint gonna hurt eitherv

FTP900 MTC connect,Welhamanium internals -sorted
HFT500, ACZ stock MTC connect
TX200 Mk3 CS1000 stock, hawke vantage sf , Nick G internals
Steyr ?, maybe , they cant all be wrong?