Thread: Furnace Mill
View Single Post
Old 10th January 2010, 04:55 PM
Thumbs up Update - Site Accessibility and other stuff.

Firstly let me reassure you all that the site is accessible.

We went today in Johnny's 4WD and seeing what the last mile was like I reckon I could have easily driven it in my Fiesta.

It has to be said though that when you turn in to the last bit (the lane that's signposted Furnace Mill from the A4117) drivers will need to be careful. There are a few twists and turns to that road and with the weather we've had people will need to take it a bit more slowly.

Ed, Jane, Johnny and I spent pretty much all day today prepping the course. I ended up with a soggy cold crotch due to me forgetting to wear my waterproofs. Ed and Jane we're absolutely brilliant and worked as hard as you like towards setting up the course so big thanks to them for all their efforts!

Ed's said that the course now won't be open to shooters 'till the comp.

As for conditions underfoot, obviously there is a fair bit of snow on the ground but it's not icy and as long as people take care and wear suitable footwear they'll be okay. Please don't turn up to shoot in your trainers as you'll bitterly regret it!

If you haven't already done so and are planning to shoot at Furnace please put your name on the list in the other thread (do a search for Furnace Mill, you'll find it). This will really help Jane get an idea of numbers for the day so she won't run out of the delicious food she cooks!

Johnny and I will be going back on Friday to just do a final check on the weather and road situation so I'll post on here that evening.

So assuming we don't get blizzards and feet of snow between now and then all is GO! GO! GO! for the Furnace Mill round of the Daystate Midlands HFT series.