View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2015, 06:54 AM
Member of: Pontefract
Thumbs up Hw 100

If that's the fitting your going to use then the centre distance is fixed and you will have to use the bottle size it was designed for.

I made mine in two parts. The first part just looks like the screw end of a standard cylinder. The second part is a block of ally that bolts to the first part with 3 M5 screws and an "O" ring trapped between to give an air tight seal.
Then there are 3 blind holes into the ally block one 2mm dia. from the centre of the "O" ring.
A second from the bottom of the block upwards which meets the first one, this one is tapped 1/4 BSP and takes the filler.
And the last hole goes in from the front and is tapped 3/8 BSP and takes the 400 cc cylinder used in such as an Air Wolf.
The main advantage with mine is I don't have a filler stuck upwards spoiling the lines of the gun.
On my first gun I did fit a gauge in the same place as on the air wolf but found that with getting over 200 shots per fill I never looked at it. All I had to do was fill my gun when I first arrived at the range and not bother for the rest of the day, so on my second gun I didn't bother, why do more work than you need to.

I'm going to load a picture of my second gun to my album so check it out.