Thread: Prosport Vs TX
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2015, 03:36 PM
Senior Moment
Member of: Southampton Buccaneers, Basingstoke ARPC

Originally Posted by RobF View Post
Thanks chaps.

I'm leaning to the TX more.
Let me know when you're at the club next and I'll bring my prosport for you to have a play with and compare with Steve's TX. Steve's is better sorted than mine but you'll get to see how it feels to use.

I would agree with the general view that the TX is the better rifle for competition, if I was buying one now I'd go TX. I think once you've tried both you'll probably agree that the TX is the one. The cocking on the PS is noticeably tougher than the TX as the lever mechanism is quite different and as I've recently discovered the MK3 PS is not as straight forward to tune as the TX. I'm looking at tinbum kits to smooth it out and shorten the stroke but not yet decided which route to take. The PS cocking slot comes back much further but it's not proven to be a problem if you have a custom stock.

I got the PS purely because a club member got it from AA (they did a tour and everything) and then decided after 10 pellets he didn't like springers and asked me for almost 50% of what he'd paid for it a few days earlier. If that hadn't come up I would have got a TX and probably the HC variant.

ISP Airstream MK III No 15 which is a bit poorly at the moment and having a rest
AA Pro Sport + Ginb FT8 stock + Bushnell 4200 6-24x
EV2 MK1 + Leupold Comp 40x
Weihrauch HW100 KT laminate

SBFTC Competition Secretary