View Single Post
Old 13th May 2015, 08:05 PM
Member of: BFTO Bisley

Originally Posted by Chris58b View Post
That is what 5 members at our range said and swapped from ftp900's to hft500's. I only have slight doubts as I wasn't around when they were testing them both so couldn't see the exact conditions ie was best pellets found for both guns, was the FTP tried with a floating barrel etc.
but all that said, including yourself that's six people who shoot benchrest saying that the hft500 is more accurate. I'm thinking I should get a hft500 and with the money saved get a custom fitted target stock with the pistol grip and Palm shelf I like ( best of both worlds then:-)
I suppose that being a basically lazy git when it comes to long tests, I get the gun out of the box, feed it with JSB Exacts (mainly 452's) till it has bedded in then shoot a practice card, I tried floated and non floated barrel on the Steyr but did not try floating the FTP, I just never got as comfortable with the FTP stock as I do with the HFT. If I was you I would save the money on the target stock until you see how you get on with the out of the box one. The new Air Arms hamster is pretty useful as well as it has a nice flat base.