View Single Post
Old 1st May 2015, 11:59 AM
Allowed in Sales
Member of: Pontefract, Doncaster Airgun Range

Originally Posted by Yorkshiretea View Post
I'm pretty close to this and it's a real dilemma, I want to earn it but equally I don't want to be taking stuff off people who've worked their socks off.
It's the same dilemma for everyone. If you go to collect a trophy and there are more people are chanting "Ringer" than clapping, you'll know for sure that you're in the wrong grade. You can elect a higher grade safe in the knowledge that all of your peers believe you've more than deserved it.

At the end of the day, you don't win money in FT you win a cheap trophy AND the respect of your peers.

If the trophy and a letter is all you care about, stick to the maths. If the respect of your peers is more important to you, try to see the system as a whole and don't concentrate on the least significant part of it.

But whatever you do, please don't discourage shooters from electing to shoot a higher grade just because the maths is wrong. You will damage the sport if you do that, and you'll always see me arguing until I'm blue in the face when I can see someone damaging the sport (deliberately or by accident)