View Single Post
Old 29th April 2015, 07:11 PM
Member of: BFTO Bisley
Default Scope advice needed mainly benchrest

I would just like to ask the guys with much more experience than I for some suggestions for a benchrest scope.

I am currently using a 10-50x60 Sightron with a target dot ret for 25yd bench, 50 yd target and other fixed distance target stuff I am then reverting to a 10x42 Sightron with Mildot ret for general plinking etc. both scopes used on my HFT500, I have now acquired an Anschutz 8002 for up to 25m stuff and the 10-50 whilst having the perfect ret for target stuff is way too heavy and bulky for the gun, I have tried using the 10x42 which is a great size and weight but I find the mildot ret just too distracting for paper target work.

Have had in the past a Weaver T36 with the target dot ret but that would not parallax down to less than about 15m plus looking at the UKBR22 rules the max mag for them is 12x.

So what is good glass with a suitable ret and focussing distance for what I am looking for? I guess that something that will mag up to 20 or 25x would be perfect, I will probably end up letting the 10-50 go to fund the replacement so that may give some idea of budget.

Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread