Thread: Gp1 avon hawkes
View Single Post
Old 27th April 2015, 01:37 PM
Mr. Kipling has nothing on me
Member of: Southampton Buccaneers, South Dorset, Parkstone
Talking Brilliant Course, Great Day, Oh and I Beat Rob... Again

What a wonderful day!!

I must admit I was apprehensive at 5am when we got up as it was so cold and with the threat of rain on top I did question my sanity in attempting my first GP after 3 years so soon after being able to shoot again.....

Fear not - Yes it was cold and I had every item of clothing on that I could find, but I soon forgot about the cold - partly because my extremities simply went numb but mainly due to it being a brilliant course. It was easy to get round, the level gates made it much more about making a good shot rather than how well you can balance and shoot the gun whilst tied in a knot. The change in sides although grumbled about by some I found it kept me on my toes thinking about each shot as the wind direction changed so much with each lane.

The wind was tricky but I loved every minute. Thanks to Rob and Simon my partners for the day. I had such a laugh, shot out of my skin getting my best ever GP score of 34 - oh and making it two times in a row that I beat rob!!! This time by 7 targets!!!

Just to make sure everyone heard that... I BEAT ROB..... AGAIN!!!

I hope to come back to Avon Hawkes again, really loved the whole course. See you at NEFTA next week and roll on GP2!!!
Miss Helen England
Southampton Buccaneers FTC Treasurer, CSFTA Treasurer, Lucky Shot and Cake Maker!!