View Single Post
Old 26th April 2015, 04:57 PM
Steyr Convert
Member of: Emley Moor FTC

I use the Sightrons but also have a Hawke TAC30 10x42, which is quite nice.
I have bought and tried most of the scopes out there including the MTC vipers, Mambas,mamba lite, Hawke panoramas, Falcon menace ffp, Burris Timberlines,fullfields 3x9x32 and 3x9x40 and a few others.

In order of preference for the price range you are looking at I would go fixed 10 mag 1st Sightron, 2nd EB sniper(only full mildot), 3rd Hawke Tac 30 1/2 MD, 4th and MTC Viper SCB. Not a great deal in any of them but the Sightron has the edge with top quality glass and bomb proof. I find all of the first three very easy on my eyes.

One thing I have noticed is that the Hawkes and MTC's can vary from scope to scope and some seem better than others.

I like the MTC connects with the 32mm front end but they are too clear for me to range find with, but if you dont need much blur they are hard to beat as they have little or virtually no px error. Having said that I cannot see a clear picture or anything through a 24mm front connect Everones eyes are different.

But it depends on what suits your eyes. You really need to look through a few,ideally on a gun.

Last edited by DEAN C.; 26th April 2015 at 05:05 PM.