View Single Post
Old 20th April 2015, 02:01 PM
Default Hmmm.............

As a 60 year old adolescent Yank with a vast 4 years of experience on the WFTF stage I'd like to opine on this matter. I usually occupy the bottom tranche of the scoreboard, so maybe my outlook should be taken with a grain of salt.

Andy Kays could show up at my front door at 3 am in a pouring rain looking for a place to stay & I can't tell you how happy I'd be to see him. Please don't blame the state of the WFTF on one guy, especially a guy like Andy. We all should give him our support.

There's no better way to F-up a wet dream than producing a rigid set of rules. ( No Pun) I heard squealing in Italy, Norway, and Germany over enforcement. From my "Soda Straw" view all three events were memorable for different reasons. I'd go back to any of those venues in a heartbeat. In my opinion there's a balancing act that is working itself out between those who are serious competitors and deserve to hone their skills through competition with the best shooters in the world and those of us who are drawn to FT for it's unique comraderie. It would not be an easy task to resolve the compromse even if the WFTF were fully staffed with a real budget. Which brings me to my next point.

What is miraculous to me is how much the WFTF does given the fact that it has absolutely nothing to work with but the "generosity of strangers." For the WFTF to move forward we need to all pull out our checkbooks. (That will create it's own set of challenges).

If you think about it, it's amazing that there is the level of organization in the WFTF that we see today. Let's not burn it down.