View Single Post
Old 15th April 2015, 08:44 PM
Aspiring to mediocrity
Member of: MEMBER OF M.A.D

Originally Posted by Tench View Post
He is that Gary, and we only built that rifle a couple of months ago! I shall be going back to mine while I continue to get the GS stock fine tuned for a consistent eye position.

Yes I have measured the twist rate in the GS barrel, it is the same twist rate as other BSA .177 barrels I have measured @ 19" twist.

I totally agree that they should never have stopped building the older all steel actions that the Hornet used, but they do need work to make them like the one Steve is using. But the new models do have their own good points, out of the box the GS is much better than a std Hornet.
You are correct mate, the old Hornet needed some work, but it could be made into a very accurate rifle. The people I have spoken to who own Goldstars seem to be very happy with them, however, I can't see any of them beating Steve this year (You may stand a chance). The shot count is a bit low at 75 with a 230bar fill, but for HFT this is Ok, however, I am sure the MK2 will improve on that.

I take it the Goldstar is a steel/alloy construction?

The rifle that I am looking forward to seeing is the Goldstar in the Mark Sanderson stock, he's stuff is very nice, I am thinking of getting one for the Impact.

Somehow I made TEAM ENGLAND 2012 and 2013

Illiterate writer for AirGunner

The real Kung Foo Panda.