View Single Post
Old 13th April 2015, 05:32 AM
Member of: Good Ole Boy's Field Target Club & Invicta Field Target Club
Default Made myself some new Steyr wood

I've been planning to make a new set of wood for my old Steyr for a while now. Since I'm now winding up and finishing law school, which took all of my extra time, I finally got around to getting it done. This old gun is serial number 273 and started life as a LG100, 10 meter rifle. I bought it and converted it for field target a couple of years ago.

Since I've performed all of the conversion work myself, I decided to continue by making all of the new stock parts here in my shop in Nashville. I also applied all of the paint, hydrographics and finish myself. I still have some fine finish work to do, but you should get the idea from the photographs. Also, you can read more about these additions to my gun and other custom parts I made for it on my web site at:

Here's what she looks like now:
I incorporated a knee riser into the forearm of the rifle so it will move up, down, fore and aft.

I like the function of the original cheek piece, so I kept similar lines on the one I made.

I made this custom, anatomical grip to fit my hand. I finished it out with a custom screw cup I made here on my lathe.

I've tried to assure that everything incorporated into this rig has a purpose for field target. The parts that I've made have been carefully thought out. Of course, the process is ongoing and I will continue to tweek the fit this season before I take it to Lithuania and hopefully this old girl will bring back some good results. happy.gif

Take care,

Harold Rushton
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread