View Single Post
Old 11th April 2015, 06:10 AM
Member of: Purley Chase ftc
Default Best bet

Originally Posted by RobF View Post
It's probably more likely. The lighter pellets aren't as efficient in my experience with my rifles... 8.4s come out the same speed as 7.9s or are about 10 fps slower. The lighter pellets need more hammer than the heavier ones. I wouldn't like to think what an 8.4 would run like if I set an express rs to nudge the limit.

If the marshal loads the gun while the gun is held by the shooter I can't see an issue. There's always going to be ways of defeating tests, it's not about that, it's there to demonstrate as much as possible a level playing field.

I'm sure there can be improvements made in the process but we need to remember that many ideas have been thought of and discounted many times for many reasons.
I think for the Marshall to load whilst the shooter holds the rifle would be the safest.
If I set my Walther with 8.4s at 785 with express it would do 805, after all rob you size your pellet down to 4.48 and for me that would make them less efficient .
Both time's I have had chrono issues has been down gun failure ,sticky hammer then the reg.
I would say that when a pellet gets squeezed it's out of desperation to save face , not a deliberate act of cheating.
About as much use at field target , as a life guard at the Olympic swimming pool.