View Single Post
Old 11th April 2015, 03:13 AM
Default Steyr Air Tube Disassembly instructions

Steyr LG110 Air Reservoir Tube Disassembly

I didn’t start taking pictures until the end so I don’t have more.

1st - make sure you empty all the air, I used the fitting that came with the gun intended for filling and just tightened it up until it opened the valve stem and I let the pressure slowly go down.

2nd - My airtube had the Steyr quick fill and manometer so removed the plastic protector out of the probe hole and used a #2 Phillips screwdriver with electrical tape wrapped around the shaft. Insert the tape protected part of the shaft into the probe fill hole and use the screwdriver as a wrench to unthread the assembly. It came off rather easily.

3rd - remove the aluminum valve end. I tried with an adjustable spanner wrench with NO luck. This assembly is on their tight. After all kind of maneuvers, I contacted my airgun/machinist genius David Alsup. He gave me a great solution.

3.a - Place a piece of masking tape over the end of the air tube with the 3 pin holes and use a drill bit that closely matches the size of the pin holes to “punch” holes in the tape. See below:

3.b - transpose the tape to a piece of metal (I used 2 in channel iron) and use the tape as a pattern to drill the holes precisely in the metal to be used for leverage

3.c - clamp the tube securely in a vice. I used 2 wood blocks with some gripping material and a strap wrench to support it. It is best to have help at this point

3.d - put the same drill bit used as well as other bits if you have enough in the wholes of the metal to use as a spanner wrench. I didn’t have enough bits so I used T20 Torx bits off wrenches i had.

3.e - put tape back over aluminum fill piece and insert metal and “pins” into the pinholes of the aluminum fill piece.

3.f - use the metal & pins as a spanner wrench and unscrew aluminum fill piece while holding the tube tight. This took some effort

Pictures when done...

Now it’s off to the anodizers for a color change ;-)

Hope this helps someone. Thank you David Alsup.
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread