View Single Post
Old 29th December 2009, 07:51 AM
Default Christmas Monday Fun!

What a GREAT day I had yesterday lads!
Millride is a fishing & shotgunning venue as well as an Air Gun Club & one of our members invited a few of us to accompany him in dusting afew clays. So Monday morning found me getting myself round the outside of a bacon & egg sarnie & a cup of tea with a hundred 28/8 cartridges on the table infront of me.
I shot around the place(An old quarry) with my clubmate Mark, who has just got into shotgunning & wanted to try out his new over 'n under. After awhile the bloke by who's invitation we were there came over with his side-by-side 12-bore & his short barrelled semi-auto & we got to use those as well.
About three hours later all the cartridge boxes were empty but a few of my used ones had found their way into my pocket.
We all parted company but I made my way up to the small wood we use, placing the shells about the place on target platforms & then went & fetched my TX200 from the car. What pure joy there is in just pulling a trigger! I was like a kid knocking these cartridge cases all over the shop, they get hit VERY satisfyingly, flipping high into the air! The supported HFT standing position that I was taught at the HFT comp we held a few weeks ago, helped me get a 30 yard end on shot, it really is a VERY stable way to take a Stander, pity we can't do it in FT!
Soon the light started to go & I was back on the Motorway heading for home, but I had a big smile on my face!
Have a great New Year boys, all the best for 2010!
"The Past is a Foreign Country, they do things differently there".

Last edited by Baltipal; 29th December 2009 at 08:28 AM.
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread