View Single Post
Old 27th March 2015, 04:17 PM
Member of: Millride

Originally Posted by chrisc View Post
Dave, i've got a new Steyr barrel arriving within a few weeks and also a spare Steyr with a good barrel i can take off and drop onto your rifle.. if you fancy popping up to Emley then i'm happy for you to pop it onto your rifle for a few hundred shots...i've also got a few different batches of JSB and some different head sizes that you're more than welcome to have a play with.

At least that way you'll know whether it's the barrel or not. I'm at Emley all sat mate and Anston (BRC) on Sunday.
Thanks for the offer Chris.
As my Steyr shot the Mosquitoes brilliantly, I think it's just a question of getting the right pellet. I have ordered various sampler packs of pellets ( JSB 7.9, 8.4 /4.51, 8.4/4.53, Crossman Premier, Webley VMX, Airarms 7.9 and Airarms 8.4) and have sized some of my JSB 7.9 and 8.4 /4.52. I have a T Robb adjustable sizer so can play about with them. I just hope I can find a pellet that doesn't need sizing as I find this boring.

If after trying this lot though; I don't get anywhere, I may take you up on trying your spare barrel.

Was also thinking of ordering a tin of the JSB 8.4/4.51 pellets that you say your Steyr likes - as per a previous thread from you. Think it was batch 4 or 40?? you said. Where is the best place to get these from?

EV2 Mk3+Sightron SIII 10-50 x 60 LRIRMOA / Bushnell 8-32

Theoben Rapid 12 FAC