View Single Post
Old 24th March 2015, 11:42 PM
Member of: Buxted RPC

Originally Posted by simmmo View Post
Having read what people have wrote I have adapted mine, I got a local engineer to remove all the webs metal
and replace with self sealing memory plastic, the only metal now is the 45mm kill and the 20mm surround. The result is the target falls much quicker is easier to reset and no faint dinks as the plastic is silent when hit. He did it all for a tenner.

We have a new development on this. Clever Trevor has found that if we colour the self-amalgamating material yellow and cut out a solid silhouette such as the standard squirrel. When shot, the material turns black in much the same way as a Birchwood Casey 'Shoot & See' target. What we have discovered is that it returns to its original colour after about 30 seconds once the hole is closed. This allows the shooter to see where his pellet lands, but removes the history advantage for the next competitor.
Sadly we're not having much success with the paddle. We can't get the black to go yellow and because the strike is quiet, if the target doesn't fall through failure, this could be mistaken for a donut.
We're working on a way to circumvent this electronically.
I'll keep you posted.
UKBR22 - Airgun Benchrest Team 'A' - World Postal Champions 2009/10
Buxted - SIHFT. - Winners, 2008/9 & probably 10 - UKBR22 - Airgun Benchrest - National Team Champions 2009/10

Last edited by Alegazmoz; 24th March 2015 at 11:44 PM.